If you have a PS4, then you will want to get a 4K TV that is powerful enough to handle your gaming.
Whether you need a crisp screen, innovative technology, or just something decent in your price range, then you can find one that fits perfectly for what you’re looking for.
There are so many brands and models of TVs out there that claim to be the best, so it can feel a bit overwhelming to pick one.
So, we took a look at different brands and narrowed the list down to the best of the best 4K TV’s for PS4 so that you can pick the one that will work for you without delay.
Although all of the items on this list are great for gaming with a PS4, one stands out from the others. Whether it is the performance, innovative technology, or a clear screen for the best picture, this LG Electronics OLED55B8PUA model has got it.
- Google Assistant built-in for easy control
- A7 intelligent processor for better picture
- Pixel level dimming
- 4K cinema HDR on LG OLED TV
- Dolby Atmos with immersive sound
With all these great features, it seems that this product is the best 4K TV for PS4 for many reasons. With all the things that this great option can do, it looks like the only thing that it can’t do is purchase itself for you.
4K TV’s For PS4 Comparison Chart
4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
α7 Intelligent Processor
CPU: Dual-core / GPU: Dual-core
|Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG|
Dolby Vision, HDR10
Quantum HDR 16x
Dolby Atmos 40W (WF: 20W)
Dolby Digital Plus 8W + 8W
Ultra Surround 20W
|Amazon Alexa / Google Home Compatible|
VESA 300 x 200
VESA 200 x 200
VESA 400 x 400
VESA 300 x 300
Without Stand Weight
5 Best 4K TV’s For PS4 (as of November, 2019):
1. LG Electronics OLED55B8PUA 4K TV for PS4 – Best Overall Choice Review
LG Electronics OLED55B8PUA 4K TV has innovative technology that sets it apart from the others and comes with the greatest power and performance that will give you the best gaming experience ever.
Smart Technology Built-In
This AI ThinQ TV comes with smart technology that is innovative, and useful. This TV comes with a built-in Google assistant that can be used to control smart devices using just your voice through the LG Magic Remote.
It also works with the Amazon Alexa device, but it not built-in.
A7 Intelligent Processor
This powerful processor allows you to get a clearer picture that is on par with a cinematic experience. The clear picture will allow for superior depth, sharpness, and vibrant and extremely accurate color for the best-looking gaming experience with your game of choice.
Pixel Level Dimming
This allows the TV to achieve the deepest blacks with the greatest color contrast so that you get the most detailed picture possible.
4K Cinema HDR
4K cinema HDR on LG OLED TV with ThinQ technology provides comprehensive support of major high dynamic range formats that include Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG.
All of these also have LG’s advanced tone mapping technology that provides the best scene by scene optimization.
LG OLED Display
This LG OLED TV display uses the latest panels with brighter, self-illuminating pixels that help to deliver the deepest blacks and most intense colors.
- LG ThinQ® AI | Google Assistant
- LG α7 Intelligent Processor
- LG OLED Display
- 4K Cinema HDR
- Dolby Atmos®
- Pixel Level Dimming
- Dimensions Without Stand (WxHxD) 48.3 x 27.8 x 1.8 inches
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite in, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical, 1 RS232C (Mini Jack) and Audio Return Channel Support via HDMI
- Smart technology with built-in Google assistant
- A7 intelligent processor for clearer picture
- Pixel level dimming for greater color and contrast
- 4K cinema HDR for support for best HDR range formats
- LG OLED display and tone mapping technology
- Not budget-friendly, over $1,000
2. TCL 55R617 4K TV for PS4 – Best Value Model Review
TCL 55R617 model has a little bit of everything and lets consumers know that great things don’t always have to come with a premium price tag.
This TV comes with smart technology and LED backlighting that gives you the most innovative technology with the clearest, crispest picture possible for the best viewing experience.
This TV comes with smart functionality that allows you to access thousands of streaming channels with TV shows and movies through Roku TV compatibilities.
This built-in Roku allows you to have all the best streaming channels without having to have another box to set up since it is built-in.
You will get crisp, clear pictures with deeper blacks to highlight the brightness of the vivid colors.
This TV comes with a great feature of LED backlighting. This feature allows you to have deeper black colors and more vivid colors with contrast control zones that help to produce the best quality of picture ever.
Alexa and Google Compatible
This model comes with the capability to work with Amazon’s Alexa, or the Google Assistant, so that you can hook up whichever one you want and be able to give voice commands from anywhere in the room.
- Dolby Vision HDR
- Contrast Control Zones
- Wide Color Gamut with TCL’s NBP Photon Technology
- Roku TV Smart Platform with thousands of streaming channels
- Enhanced Remote with Voice Control
- High-speed 802.11ac wireless and Ethernet networking
- (3) HDMI 2.0a ports with HDCP 2.2
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Roku TV built-in for streaming channels
- 4K HDR for better quality viewing
- LED backlighting for better color contrast
- Alexa compatible for voice commands
- Google Assistant compatible for voice commands
- Price point is budget-friendly
- Potential banding issues
- Only 60Hz refresh rate
- Only two HDMI ports
TCL Roku TV: 6-Series:
3. Samsung QN65Q90RAFXZA 4K TV for PS4 – Best Samsung Model TV Review
Samsung QN65Q90RAFXZA premium product model comes with just about anything that you could imagine.
With its quantum processor for power and the smart capabilities, this premium choice is a great option for those looking for the best of the best in all areas.
With the use of quantum dots, Samsung’s 4K QLED TV gives you over a billion shades of bright color for the most detailed picture ever. With these quantum dots, you also get 100% color volume to get the best color picture as well.
Direct Full Array Backlight
This TV comes with concentrated zones of precision-controlled LEDs that adjust the contrast between the purest whites and the deepest blacks. This enables you to see darker scenes in even better detail so that you will see revealing details in every scene.
This great option comes with a quantum processor that is an intelligently powered processor that instantly upscales content to 4K for even sharper detail and the brightest possible colors. This allows you to have the best picture in any situation.
This Samsung TV is engineered to reduce glare and enhance color even in the brightest of rooms and the ultra-viewing angle provides for a vibrant picture that you won’t miss no matter where you are sitting in the room.
Smart TV Features
This TV comes with a wide variety of capabilities that include the ability to connect with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant. This TV also comes with SmartThings which can control compatible home appliances and devices.
The OneRemote that it comes with is able to control all compatible devices and has Bixby voice commands for hands-free control as well.
- Direct Full Array 16X*
- Quantum Processor 4K
- Ultra Viewing Angle
- Quantum HDR 16X
- 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot
- Ambient Mode
- One Invisible Connection & No Gap Wall-Mount
- Bixby on TV
- Smart TV with Universal Guide
- OneRemote to control all compatible devices
- Bixby voice command & On-screen universal guide
- SmartThings to control compatible home appliances and devices
- Smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility
- Quantum dots for 100% color volume
- Direct full array backlight for better contrast
- Quantum processor that instantly upscales to 4K
- Quantum HDR for better detail in darkest scenes
- Ultra-viewing angle for the ability to see from anywhere
- Smart TV feature compatibility with Alexa, Google Assistant, and SmartThings
- Smallest TV size is 65 inches
- Premium price tag of over $2,000
4. LG Electronics 49UK6300PUE – Best Gaming TV Review
LG Electronics 49UK6300PUE gaming TV is one of the best for a gamer’s experience.
With its artificial intelligence capabilities and the 4K high dynamic range – HDR – support, this TV gives you the quality picture that you want when you are playing your PS4.
This 4K TV comes with artificial intelligence capabilities that include ThinQ that helps to connect to different smart devices. This LG AI TV also uses intelligent voice control so that you can use voice commands.
This great option has a multi-format 4K high dynamic range – HDR – support that includes HDR10 and HLG, both with LG’s advanced tone-mapping technology that provides scene by scene optimization for better contrasts and details in dark scenes.
This LED TV comes with the capability to be connected to Amazon’s Alexa, which can allow for the best voice command and control from anywhere in the room with the ability to change channels, raise the volume, and change inputs with just your voice.
- LG ThinQ AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Mighty Quad-Core Processor
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution
- 4K Active HDR
- Multi-format 4K high dynamic range support includes HDR10 and HLG
- IPS technology in LG TV uses in plane switching
- Intelligent voice control to create a hub for the smart home
- Slim Unibody & LG Magic Remote
- Ultra Surround delivers an immersive audio experience from seven virtual channels, requiring only the built-in speakers of the TV
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite in shared with component, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical and Audio Return Channel Support via HDMI.Bluetooth:4.2, Refresh Rate 60Hz
- Comes with artificial intelligence capabilities
- Works with Amazon’s Alexa
- 4K HDR format for better scene optimization
- IPS technology for in-plane switching and wide viewing angles
- Comes in smaller sizes for gaming in any room
- Price point is budget-friendly
- Only 60Hz refresh rate
- Older model
5. Samsung UN55NU7300 – Best TV Design Model Review
Samsung UN55NU7300 TV not only gives you the great picture that you want while you are playing on your PS4, but it also gives you the added benefit of having a beautiful design.
With its curved edges and sleek look, this TV looks more like an art piece than a television.
With this TV’s PurColor technology, you get to enjoy millions of shades of color clearly and it is fine-tuned for an incredibly vibrant, clear picture so that you get the best viewing experience no matter what scene you’re on.
This great option gives you the ability to view stunning high dynamic range – HDR – content with a TV designed to support HDR10+ to give you the best and clearest picture for any of your PS4 video games.
120 Motion Rate
Slim Curved Design
This UDH TV comes with a unique design that is ultra-slim and curved on the sides.
This sleek look gives this TV a style of its own and allows you to get all the quality of pictures that you want for your gaming experience without a clunky appearance. This TV also has a surprisingly slim bezel.
With this smart technology, you can access streaming services in one place using the smart compatible Samsung remote control. This remote allows you to control all of the smart technology with just the push of a button.
- PurColor: Enjoy millions of shades of color, fine tuned to create an incredibly vibrant picture
- Motion Rate 120: Smooth action on fast-moving content
- HDR: View stunning high dynamic range content with a TV designed to support HDR10+
- Curved Slim Design: Get drawn into the action on a curved screen with a surprisingly slim bezel
- Smart TV: Access your streaming services all in one place using the Samsung Remote Control
- PurColor technology for the most vibrant colors
- 120 motion rate to capture fast-moving content better
- HDR support for the clearest picture
- Slim curved design for sleek look and angled viewing
- Smart TV technology with remote control for use
- Is an older model
- Higher price range than some other models
With all these different features and specifications for each model listed above, you may think that there is still too much to think about when looking for the perfect gaming TV for your PS4.
So, we will give you the main things that you should look for in a 4K TV so that you can get the best quality for your PS4 gaming experience without the hassle.
The ability to play a great video game can be determined by the motion rate of the TV.
If the motion rate is low, then you may get a blurry view while in a fast-paced fight in the game and have trouble getting a clear shot. This can negatively affect your gaming abilities.
This could end up ruining your experience if you aren’t able to do the best that you can in the game because of a blurry screen during important parts of the game.
So, it is important to get a 4K HDR TV that has a high motion rate that allows you to capture the fast-moving content so you can play your game without interference.
If you are able to have a TV that is solely dedicated to gaming, then you may not need this as much. However, most people end up using their gaming TV for music, movies, and TV shows as well.
If this is you, then you will likely want your TV to have some smart capabilities. This will allow you to connect Amazon’s Alexa, or Google Assistant to your TV and be able to use voice commands for control.
This also allows you to hook up streaming services with your TV so that when you are not playing your PS4, you can stream your favorite movies and shows with high speeds.
This capability even allows you to have voice controls for your streaming services so that you can control the input, change the show or movie, and raise or lower the volume without having to reach for a remote.
With the ability to connect through wireless internet connections, you also get the added ability to use the internet on the TV itself. You can use this ability to watch videos on Youtube, or surf the web on a large screen with ease.
This feature is a big one because it could cause you to limit your choices significantly if you can’t afford a high-tech model that you want. So, know what your budget is before you start looking around for a TV.
Also, knowing what you should be able to get for your price point is imperative. If you have the knowledge of what a TV within your price range should come with, then you won’t settle for something that has less than it should.
If you know that most TVs in your range are able to come with a 120-motion rate, then it is worth it to find one that has that number, instead of settling for one that compromises that rate for its appearance.
Even with all this information we’ve given you, you may still have a few questions to ask about 4K HDR TVs for your PS4.
So, we have gathered together a few of the most frequently asked questions and got answers so that you can have all the information that you need to make a decision about your TV purchase.
If I buy a TV for playing games with my PS4, how do I connect it?
Like other TVs, the set up is to simply connect it with an HDMI cable from the gaming console to the TV’s port. This can also connect to cable boxes, or boxes for any streaming services that you might like to connect to.
Do 4K HDR TVs come with anti-glare, I don’t see it on specifications but maybe they all come with it?
Most TVs nowadays do come with anti-glare systems as a standard, and yes, 4K TVs typically do come with glare protection. You wouldn’t want to have the perfect picture only to be ruined by the glare from a window.
Are 4K HDR TVs Bluetooth compatible?
Not all are for sure, but many do come with smart technology capabilities and will be able to connect to your Bluetooth.
Some have specific capabilities that will make this process easier, but others can be connected through smart technology even if there is not a specific function for it built-in. This is great for use with Bluetooth connected speakers for movies and gaming experiences.
Do these TVs connect to the Wifi?
Yes, many that have smart technology include the ability to connect to different streaming services, like Roku, Hulu, and Netflix.
There are also some that allow you to connect to Youtube through your TV, which requires a wireless internet connection. So, yes, these TVs can connect to your Wifi.
Will any 4K HDR TVs do screen mirroring like an Apple TV?
Yes, there are some out there with the capability for screen mirroring. You will just have to set it up correctly to be able to do this. There are good tutorials on Youtube that you can watch to make sure that you are setting everything up correctly.
Whether you are looking for the premium pick, or want to get the best value, you can find a great option for a 4K HDR TV that will work great for your PS4 games.
Looking for the perfect match can seem like a daunting task, but with this concise list of great gaming TV options, you can choose one that will work for your gaming needs without any further research.
So, whether you are an avid gamer with a dedicated TV just for your PS4, or you are an occasional gamer who wants a TV that will let you watch your favorite TV shows, you can find a great option for you on this list.