Is it time for you to change your headlight bulbs?
Do you want to get better bulbs than the ones you had before?
Well, we are here to help you out.
You probably have regular halogen bulbs but it is time for an upgrade.
A better option is LED bulbs. They are more energy-efficient and brighter than the halogen bulbs.
This review is going to show you 3 of the best 9007 LED headlight bulbs available. It will also include a buying guide to help you pick the best bulb. Let’s get to it!
9007 LED Bulbs Comparison Chart
3 Best 9007 LED Bulbs (as of May, 2020):
1. Fahren 9007/HB5 LED Headlight Bulbs Review
To start us off is the Fahren 9007/HB5 bulb.
It is one of the best options you can get.
It shines 300% brighter than regular halogen bulbs thanks to top-grade LED chips.
It produces a cool white light 60W per pair. It has an outstanding pattern design that casts light wider and farther and 3X brighter than a regular halogen bulb.
It also has a super cooling ability thanks to the TurboCool and heat sink material that also reduces heat production which in turn helps elongate the bulb’s life.
The Fahren bulbs are also easy to install, it takes under 10 minutes. It fits perfectly into house and factory sockets, same as regular halogen bulbs without modification. They work with 98% of vehicles without error.
They require a CAN bus decoder for installation. To get the correct filter system make sure you check your manual or the part number on the bulbs you had before to get the previous size.
- 300% Brighter Than Halogen
- Super Focused Beam Pattern Design
- Unique Hollow-Carved Heat Sink Design
- 1,2000RPM Turbo Cool Fan
- 6500K Cool White
- Over 50,000 Hours Lifespan
- Whole Aviation Aluminum Body
- 10 Minutes Easy Installation
- CAN bus-Ready for 98% Vehicles
- Produces crisp white light
- A color temperature of 6500K
- Dual turbofan and heat sink material to reduce heat production
- Can work with 98% of vehicles
- Easy to install
- 3 times brighter than halogen bulbs
- Needs an additional decoder
- Does not fit most European vehicles
Fahren 9007/HB5 LED Bulb Installation GuideЖ
2. VoRock8 V8-R2 COB 9007 LED Bulb Review
The VoRock8 V8-R2 COB 9007 kit is one of the smallest LED kits.
Don’t let that fool you, it has one of the brightest lights of that size. It has a 4000LM output on each kit with 8000LM per pair.
Its size allows it to fit inside most cars, with no need for modification. The kit is great for street driving; it has a color temperature of 6000-6500K with a diamond white light.
You might need a decoder or a resistor to fit the headlights in some cars to avoid flickering. They also have a heat sink with an inbuilt 2 ball fan. The Aviation grade aluminum sink helps with heat dissipation and elongating the bulb’s life.
Before buying the headlights, make sure you put the car’s year, make, and model. This will help in getting you the correct part that fits your car.
There is also a Note below the car info that will show you where the bulb can fit. Make sure you have the correct information before buying it to ensure it is the right fit for your car.
- COB Chip Focused Beam Technology
- Perfect Light Pattern Without Dark Spot
- 6000-6500K Diamond White Color For High Visibility
- Over 30,000 Hours Lifespan
- 3 Sides of LED Chip
- Compact Design With Built in Driver/Ballast
- Cold-Pressed Aviation Grade Aluminum Heat Sink
- Built-in 2 Ball Fan For Optimal Heat Dissipation
- Without CANBUS-Ready
- All in One Plug & Play Design
- Powerful 8000 Lumens for the kit
- It can fit inside most cars with no need for modification
- 6000-6500K color temperature for great visibility
- Have an Aviation grade aluminum sink that cools the lights
- Applies to Hi/Lo beam and dual beam headlights
- The low beam is too bright and might blind other drivers
VOROCK8 R2 LED Headlights Jeep Liberty:
3. HIKARI 9007 HB5 LED Bulb Review
This list would not be complete if it didn’t have a HIKARI 9007 HB5 product.
This brand is well known for the high-quality materials it produces and their headlights are no different.
The headlights are so powerful they can turn the midnight darkness to daytime.
They can fit most cars easily without the need for adjustments and they are super easy to install.
Its maximum light output is 10000lm which is 220% brighter than other bulbs. It has a flawless beam pattern that can brighten even the darkest of days. The lights are reliable and will not fail you.
The headlights have both low and high beam settings. The low beam light is so bright you might not need to use the high beam. This can be dangerous to other drivers so make sure you adjust them properly to avoid causing accidents.
The headlights are easy to install and making adjustments takes very little time. The lights can reach out farther than regular halogen bulbs and they are brighter and clearer than them too.
They also have easy to follow instructions that can come in handy when you need to adjust them.
- +220% Brighter Than Standard Bulbs
- Incredible Reliability
- Normal Operating Temperature: 150℉
- Max Light Output: 10000lm
- Adjustable Beam
- High & Low-Resolution Settings
- Compatible With Most OEM Headlight Dustcover
- The lights are brighter and clearer than standard halogen lamps
- Have both high and low-resolution settings
- Can work well with most cars without the need for adjustments
- Can shine farther than most headlights
- Have a 10000lm maximum light output
- Eliminates day time running lights
- The casing can be short for other 9007 bulb fittings
Now that you know 3 of the best 9007 led headlight bulbs, you need to know indicators of a good headlight bulb. This guide is going to help you look for the features that let you choose the best headlights for your car.
There are plenty of headlight bulbs available and there are different types:
- Halogen bulbs are the cheapest and have a life expectancy of 1000 hours. They are capable of producing up to 1400 lumens
- HID bulbs, also known as Xenon bulbs are the other type. HID stands for High-Intensity Discharge devices. They are more efficient than halogen bulbs because they produce a bright light. They produce about 3000 lumens and have a life expectancy of 2000 hours, which is twice the capacity of halogen lights
- Then there are the LED bulbs. These are the best bulbs to have. They produce a sharp light for illumination. They also have a cooling system that increases their life expectancy to up to 10000 hours. They are also small in size and are energy efficient
The bulb wattage is what tells you the amount of energy the bulb will need. There are bulbs with as little as 36 watts but the most powerful ones have wattages ranging from 55 to 65.
You need to take into consideration whether you need an upgrade kit or change the headlights themselves.
The number of lumens bulbs emit is also another important factor to consider. Headlights that emit between 6000 to 6500 lumens provide light for up to 500 meters. Other lights emit up to 8000 lumens and can illuminate up to 700 meters.
There are other lights with higher intensities of 10000 lumens. They produce a very bright light that resembles daylight. You will need to adjust these lights correctly to make sure you don’t blind oncoming drivers.
The color brightness is measured in Kelvin. A low number means the light emitted will be warmer. Headlight bulbs can have between 3500 and 5000 Kelvin. These are bright enough for you to drive safely at night.
Other bulbs are above 5000 Kelvin. These are the brightest and are mostly preferred because they let you see further and illuminate a wider space than other lights.
Different bulbs have different lifespans. LED bulbs have the highest life expectancy with the smallest being 30,000 hours. Halogen lights have a lower lifespan.
You can get bulbs with cooling chips or fans. These dissipate heat and that in turn increases the headlight lifespan.
Some headlights have up to 50,000 hours and can last for up to 6 years. The life expectancy of the bulb you choose should take into consideration how much driving you do and see whether the expectancy will suit that.
Led lights are the most expensive compared to halogen headlights. They have advantages that make the price worth it. They have a higher lumen count, have a higher light intensity and a longer lifespan.
Lower priced lights can have the opposite effect with a shorter lifespan. To get the best price and the best output from your headlights, make sure you see other people’s reviews to make sure you are getting the best deal for your money.
This is why most brands ensure they have a warranty that ensures you get a refund or a replacement if needed.
LED headlights are the best you can get for yourself and your car. They are the brightest and cast a wider and broader range of light than other lights.
They also have a longer life expectancy than standard headlights. These are some of the few reasons you should consider getting yourself these lights.
This review has shown you three of the best 9007 LED headlight bulbs. They are the best in the market and will not let you down. They have good features and are affordable.
We have also included a buying guide that will help you look for the features that allow you to find the light that suits your car best. All this is done to ensure your car gets the best accessories possible.
LED lights are the way to go, get yourself some and see for yourself. It is one investment you won’t regret.