A pop filter is something that beginners often forget about and some might not even know why they need to have one.
The pop filter is beneficial in many ways, as it will protect your microphone from those annoying popping sounds. Like wind, for example.
This will ensure a better and crisper sound when you are recording, leading to better quality vocals.
Since it is a topic that is not discussed as often as it should amongst up and coming artists, we have decided to look a little deeper and find out which pop filters are the best for your blue yeti.
In this article, you will see exactly how they work and which ones will offer you the best possible value for your money.
Another blue yeti accessories guides:
Pop Filter for Blue Yeti Comparison Chart
By now, you should have a much better understanding when it comes to pop filters and also which features are the most important to look out for. We have selected TOP 3 best pop filters for a blue yeti on the market today.
Double screen mesh
Square/rectangular microphone arms
Square/rectangular microphone arms
Square/rectangular microphone arms
3 Best Pop Filter for Blue Yeti (as of July, 2019)?
1. Auphonix Pop Filter for Blue Yeti – Editor’s Choice Review
Auphonix has designed the Auphonix MPF-2 and one of the main reasons why it is so popular amongst Blue Yeti users is that is has been designed specifically for the Blue Yeti microphone.
Out of the box, it looks awesome. The first thing that I realize – it is very flexible.
It seems strong and durable. We have a metal surface at the front at both sides.
Auphonix also has a metal surface at the middle. It is a mesh kind of filter that absorbs extra sounds.
It comes with a simple clamp that will have it attached in virtually no time at all and when placed correctly; your microphone will be balanced to be standing on the table as well.
It takes little longer to install, but when you install it will stay on its place for a long time. This makes it ideal for those with podcasts.
Since it can be used with any USB microphone, versatility is one of the key features that you also have.
It covers most of the average-sized microphones without too many troubles and works effectively to eliminate any frustrating popping sound you might hate. This pop filter also works with microphones that have rectangular stems.
However, we recommend doing a couple of dry runs with it to ensure that it is securely locked into place and ready for you to use.
The price might be something that makes you skeptical, but truth be told, this is one of the more affordable models on the market today.
Even though it is really affordable, we would highly recommend it. You popping sounds should never be an issue again and it works best for singers and those with their own online podcasts.
- The simple clamp will not damage your beautiful microphone, and you do NOT need to drill a hole just to fix a pop filter
- You can use this pop shield with any other desktop USB microphone by clamping it on to your desk
- Easy way to filter the pops from your podcasts, voiceovers or screen captures
- Easily clamps to square/rectangular microphone arms
- Double screen mesh gives the best distortion-free recording without degrading the quality of your voice
- Strong, yet pliable, gooseneck holder supports the weight of the filter head, and makes for trouble-free placement
- The filter is really affordable
- It accommodates most USB microphones
- Can be attached to rectangular microphones as well
- Covers the entire Blue Yeti
- Precision is required when attaching it to your microphone
2. Dragonpad USA P0-8YD0-USDU Pop Filter for Blue Yeti – Best Budget Review
Designed specifically for studios and singers, the Dragonpad USA P0-8YD0-USDU will not only be effective when used with your Blue Yeti, it will also do wonders when working with other microphones.
The large diameter covers most microphones and it is also capable of keeping the wind out.
This will limit distortion as well.
We have found the swivel mount to be one of the most effective additions. This gives you versatility when it comes to moving the pop filter. If you have a fussy client in your studio, the pop filter can found in a variety of different colors as well.
Surplus split from overeager performance should not be an issue anymore and it could make your studio work a little simpler.
This has caused many users to choose a different option with a rectangular microphone. However, we have tested it to work perfectly with most Blue Yeti microphones on the market today.
Price should not be an issue and this is actually considered to be a top budget option. If you have problems with starting your new studio and you want to cut some of the costs that could be holding you back, this is a great option.
We not only recommend it to the avid beginner, but also for studio use in home studios.
- Defense against distorting “P” and “B” consonants
- Economical solution to help get your best vocal recordings
- 360° Flexible goose-neck holder, convenient for use
- Swivel mount for easy installation
- Cost Savings: Provides an economical solution to help get your best vocal recordings on the first take
- Really cheap
- Large diameter for maximum coverage
- Stylish design
- Prevents surplus splits from overeager performers
- Has a limited mounting abilities
3. Auphonix MPF-1 Pop Filter for Blue Yeti Review
The Auphonix MPF-1 is much similar to the first one on the list, but it is much more of a universal USB mic pop filter.
This means that it can be used for virtually any microphone that is connected to a USB and around 6-inches.
Since it features a double layer of mesh, you are fully protected from any distortion.
It also makes short work of overeager performers to keep their voices regulated and ensure that you don’t have to worry about a surplus split.
Some users have found this pop filter to be a little large when it is used with different microphones. However, this could also be a benefit and it can be used with most microphones.
We have seen that people are a little intimidated and it might not be the best option for those with really flimsy voices who can’t speak up.
Auphonix is not an expensive brand and once again, this pop filter is really affordable. The price makes it perfect for home recording studios and individuals looking for decent value for their money.
We highly recommend it as one of the best universal pop filters on the market today. It is also worth noting that you receive a 12-month money back guarantee.
- Double layer of mesh to ensure the best recording free of distortion
- No more post-production hassle trying to reduce the pop sounds
- Flexible yet sturdy gooseneck holder which easily supports the weight of the shield
- Makes all your recordings sound professional
- Can be used for singing, voiceover, podcasts, vlogging and anywhere else you need quality sound
- With a money-back guarantee
- Large for most microphones
- Really affordable
- Strong design with a universal bracket
- Reduces most distortion
- Might be too large for some users
Who Should Invest In A Pop Filter?
The pop filter is mostly designed for artists and for recording studios. However, you should also keep in mind that some of the best microphones also come with filters already included. Nevertheless, we have found that they sometimes snub the buyers and having an additional pop filter could be a great benefit.
Here are the main people the pop filter is directed at:
- Recording studios with multiple artists
- Home studios
- To enhance the voice of those with speech problems
- Protecting your expensive microphone
We suppose you will not be reading this article if you don’t have any aspiration of recording or becoming an artist. Since this is the case, we can safely say that we believe these pop filters are recommended for every reader to enhance their recording capabilities.
How We Tested The Top Pop Filters
To be honest, there are not much of a variety of these filters on the market today. This made it really easy for us to find the best pop filters. However, we did not take the lazy path and instead, we also consulted with a couple of local artists and recording studios.
Listening to them and having a few examples to see how much of a difference the pop filter makes, made it much easier for us to choose the best options.
After buying one of these filters, we also did a little home experiment. With the knowledge from the recording studios, we knew what to look for an understood the product a little better as well.
Having a couple of friends over with this pop filter turned out to be a great idea. Many of them, having different voices, made it easier to identify some of the key differences.
After finishing the recordings, all that remained was playing them back and finding the differences with and without the pop filter. Once you have a great pop filter, you should easily be able to distinguish many of these differences for yourself.
Needless to say, most of our guests were impressed to see the difference it makes when recording to a mic. However, without voice editing, the pop filter itself won’t make you a better singer in any way.
Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Great Pop Filter For Your Blue Yeti
As we have already mentioned, we needed to do a lot of consulting and research to find the top pop filters. With the help of some recording experts, we were pushed in the right direction to see which features are the most important to consider.
If you are looking to buy a different pop filter, here are the most important things to keep in mind.
However, the best is always great for longevity.
Those who do public speaking to massive crowds might find the pop filter to be much more beneficial. They will be pronouncing words much louder and since they try to be as clear as possible, the pop filter will enable you to do so.
Most animation movies also make use of top quality pop filters for the actors with the voices behind the characters.
The type of microphone you will be using is fundamentally important. There are many different microphones available and some of the filters are highly dependant on the quality of the microphone.
If the microphone is too large, it might not really be as effective as you would expect it to be. However, the products we have selected are designed specifically for the Blue Yeti microphone.
Having speech impairments can be really frustrating and some people need to deal with having these impairments. If you have a problems spitting and things like that, you might need to work on your voice with a professional voice coach.
However, having a quality pop filter will also make a difference to the product of the recording.
However, you might not be using your Blue Yeti microphone forever. If you decided to upgrade and choose a larger microphone, it will be great to have a universal pop filter. We recommend thinking long-term and buying something that will also offer you some value in the future.
With the modern economy, we are all forced to be strapped to a budget and these pop filters can often time be really expensive. We recommend determining your budget and then sticking to that budget. It is also worth noting that you can upgrade as time goes on.
However, making the best initial decision will ensure that you have more longevity and you can even use the pop filter for longer.
Benefits Of Using A Pop Filter
If you have never used a pop filter before, it might be time that you try it. Even if you don’t want to buy one yet, it will be great to just borrow one and see the difference that it could make. Here are a couple of benefits that you could expect to have if you do make the decision to invest in a decent pop filter:
- Crisper sound: The sound after you have been recording will be that much clearer. Wind can easily be in the way and frustrate you as you are singing, something that the top recording artists already know.
- Protection from wind for your mic: If your mic takes on too much wind, it could even permanently damage the mic. This will lead to bad recordings and also some distortion when you are busy recording different songs.
- Better recordings of your vocals: The pop filter is definitely important if you are recording vocals. If you specialize in making music without any vocals that should not be much of an issue. However, the modern music industry is extremely competitive and even a little bit of popping on the mic could be the difference between getting a contract and losing one.
- Additional protection from other noises in the room: Your voice is not the only thing in the room that will emit sound. Sometimes wind might be passing by, especially if the room is not completely sealed off. In most cases, these problems are found by those who are recording form their homes. The pop filter should enable you to get rid of these additional noises as well.
Every artist will eventually have this problem and the when pronouncing certain consonants, more air is propelled towards the microphone. If you don’t know what the effect is, consider holding your hand in front of your mouth and testing the air that is blown into your hand as you pronounce certain letters of the alphabet.
Which Pop Filter Do You Believe Is Best For Your Blue Yeti Microphone?
The pop filter is definitely an asset to anyone looking to improve their recording potential. Yes, many of them are available with the microphones, but sometimes you could be snubbed.
We have selected the best and most affordable pop filters for your Blue Yeti microphone. These pop filters should help you significantly when recording to get the best value for your money.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and encourage you to share some of your thoughts on these pop filters. Let us know in the comment section which of them you prefer or if you have ever used any of these. We are looking forward to reading some of your insightful comments.